NB: The voice announced weight for men in the video is WRONG, correct Dumbbell Weight is 50lbs and NOT 55lbs.
SCORE: Score is Total Working Time.
TIEBREAKER: Time after LAST completed set of 150 Double Unders will decide the athletes tiebreaker in case of more than one athlete ending up with the same score for Q-WOD 3A.
SCORE: Score is load in LBS.
TIEBREAKER: There is NO Tiebreaker for this part.
RECOMMENDED VIDEO ANGLE:
We recommend using an angle at about 45 degrees where we can see both arms for the Dumbbell Snatches and at the same time a clear vision of the locked out position for the Muscle Ups.
For the snatch the barbell should be set so we can se the lifts from the side and ALL weights should remain in the frame at all time.
TIP FROM COACH: Do NOT forget to film weights on the bar for last successful lift as that will result in a ZERO SCORE.
We once again recommend using our Official Timer WODProof App as that gives you the timer in frame at all time.
The workout starts with the athlete standing tall on the floor and can only grab the Dumbbell once“GO” is announced and the timer starts.
The athlete must leave the barbell unloaded until she/he has finished the last Muscle Up of the second round, OR until the 12:00min time cap is met.
The athlete MUST also continue to attempt repetitions if failing to complete the two rounds and can NOT stand and wait for the time cap to be run out before Snatching as that will result in a DQ in WOD 3B.
***CrossFit Fittest in Cape Town follows the Commonly Known Movement Standards - ANY
uncommon movements intended to bypass these will result in a no rep.***
- DUMBBELL SNATCHES: Both sides of the Dumbbells must touch the floor between the athletes feet in the bottom. At the top the athlete must reach full extension of knees, hip, shoulder, and elbows with the dumbbell locked out straight over head, (not with the arm to the side or in front). The athletes are permitted to swop hand “midair” or at the floor on the way DOWN.
Should the athlete be given a no rep the next rep will count on either side AS LONG AS there has been a swop of hands and the dumbbell have touch the floor in the bottom.
NB: The non working hand can NOT touch the body at any point during a repetition.
- DOUBLE UNDERS: This is a standard Double Under with the rope passing twice underneath the athletes feet in one jump. Backwards skipping is NOT permitted.
TIP FROM COACH: We highly encourage your judge to be very strict with their counting here as ONE no rep/missed rep will result in 5s added to your time..
- RING MUSCLE UPS: Filmed from the side so that we can see the athletes FULL body in frame. In the bottom position the athletes arms must be fully extended and the heels must pass behind the vertical plane from the rings. In the top of the movement the athlete must lock out her/his elbows OVER the rings. Locking out while “falling backwards” = no rep.
- BARBELL SNATCH: The barbell starts UNLOADED, athletes are ONLY allowed to load barbell once they have finished the first part of Q-WOD 3, OR when they have reached the 12min Time Cap.
For a Snatch to count the barbell must be brought from the floor to an supported overhead position in one continuous movements (any variations of clean and jerks, or where the bar touches the athletes body anywhere above the hip will result in a no rep).
The athlete can chose either a Power Snatch or Squat Snatch Variation.
The athlete must finish the repetition by standing tall with knees, hopes, shoulders, and elbows fully locked out with the barbell being held in a position of control directly over the athlete.
NO REPS AND FAILED VIDEO PENALTIES:
1-5 No Reps, FOR TIME WOD: 5s added PER no rep to the time submitted. IF the no rep takes place before a specific tie breaker that tiebreaker will also be subject to the 5s added time.
6-10 No Reps, FOR TIME WOD: 15% increase on final time submitted - but IF the athlete is deemed to have no repped continuously in the same movement FiCT Judges Team reserves the right to disqualify the score submitted. (This is specifically directed towards poor Muscle Up standards).
+10 No Reps, FOR TIME WOD: Video Submission Disqualified and athlete would be given a ZERO score in that specific Q-WOD.
VIDEO STANDARDS - GENERAL:
- UNCUT VIDEOS: ALL Videos must be presented in an uncut format. Any cut video will result in an immediate disqualification of that submitted score.
- ATHLETE FULLY IN FRAME: During the entire video the entire athlete must be within the frame.
- INTRO: At the beginning of any FiCT2019 Online Qualifier WOD, the athlete must state their name, date, which WOD they are doing, and which TEAM they are representing if they are part of a team.
- SPECIFIC MEASUREMENTS: The athlete must also follow any instructions to film specific parts of equipment, and/or measurements for movement standards.
- ANGLES: The athlete must film each FiCT2109 Online Qualifier WOD in accordance with required camera angle. These will be specified for EACH WOD Release and must be followed for a video submission to be approved. Failure to adhere to the required filming angle can result in either a reduction of reps counted for, time added to the athletes score, OR a full disqualification of the video submission in it’s whole - resulting in a ZERO score in that specific WOD.
- FiCT Online Judging Team reserves the right to disqualify ANY video submissions if there is the slightest doubt of the validity of the video displaying the correct and intended workout.
- The entire video is to be recommended to be shot from ONE angle, if there is any change of angle the Athlete must be in the frame at ALL times or the video submission can be disqualified.
VIDEO STANDARDS - SPECIFIC FOR FiCT2019 Q-WOD3.
IN THE INTRODUCTION, BEFORE STARTING THE Q-WOD, THE ATHLETE MUST SHOW THE
- THE DUMBBELL USED: the athlete must clearly show the weight on the Dumbbell being used (minimum 35lbs/15kg for Women and 50lbs/22.5kg for Men).
- The athlete must also show the skipping rope used for Double Unders.
- The athlete must also film the EMPTY BARBELL so that we can clearly see the weight on the barbell used.
AT THE END OF THE VIDEO THE ATHLETE MUST CLEARLY SHOW THE WEIGHTS LIFTED IN THE HEAVIEST SNATCH - NO WEIGHTS CAN BE OUT OF FRAME DURING THE LIFTING PORTION AS THEY WILL THEN NOT BE VALID AS “LIFTED”.